Like so many other thousands of people I can remember the first time I heard David Bowie ... That moment like thousands of others who remember theirs, hit me like a lightening bolt. His voice, his music, his lyrics and his vision blew me away and have continued to do so throughout my life. I have done and experienced many things as a direct result of David Bowie and his music, here are just a few:
- there was a lot more music/ideas/people in the world not in the mainstream .
- not eating or drinking anything for 12 hours so I could keep my front row spot, once in Wembley Stadium.
- queuing overnight in middle of London for concert tickets.
- taking my father (aged 45 years) to his first ever concert.
- driving my twin sister crazy with the music and posters in our shared bedroom as teenagers. (Obviously no taste at all)
Thank you so much Mr Bowie for all the enjoyment and inspiration you have given me and will continue to give me and everyone else. Thank you ....